Wednesday 20 February 2008


my photo

australian sealions

We both took lots of photos, but my favourites have to be of the Australian sealions, the photo above being one of them, I suppose because I just feel so privileged to have been up so close with these lovely animals. Our guide took us to view within a safe distance, as don't forget they may look docile enough, but in fact a sealion can be quite dangerous and could easily turn on you if you invade their territory and they can weigh a ton, particularly the males.

Little pups were frolicking in and out the water, whilst the mums were having a snooze, washed up on the beach, and there were a few rather large males keeping an eye on the proceedings too.

An unforgettable experience.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Great photo Louise! I certainly wouldn't want to invade the personal space of one of these guys!

Joanna said...

I love sealions, we saw them in south america, it was amazing with the pups and so much noise